Not happy with the shape of your nose? The good news is makeup can be an effective way to slim your nose instead of choosing to go under the knife. This week’s video tutorial demonstrates how to use ourLuxe Bronze & Sculpt Kitto create an illusion of a new slimmer nose with our professional tips from make-up artist Karla Powell.
Nose Reshaping Tips:
- Make sure you use a product made specifically for contouring, or try a Hydro Foundation in 2-3 shades darker than your skin tone. A Matte cool toned, brown eyeshadow can work just as well too.
- An angled brush is perfect for slimming the nose. Keep it small and firm so that you have more control over where your product goes.
- Use a matte highlighter when contouring noses. Karla’s favourite highlighter is using Hydro Foundation in a lighter shade. Try 2-3 shades lighter than your skintone.
- For blending your contouring use a dense synthetic make-up brush to soften contour lines.
We might not all be blessed with the cheekbones of Keira Knightley, but there are some clever makeup tricks which can really make the most of each person’s unique face shape and enhance their individual bone structure. This week’s video tutorial demonstrates by Karla how to use our Luxe Bronze & Sculpt Kit to create an illusion of chiselled cheekbones with our professional tips.
Cheek Reshaping Tips:
- In order to see where to place your contour, use an overhead light which will cast the natural shadows which you want to then recreate with product. Suck in your cheeks to see where the natural shadow is cast.
- Highlighter reflects the light well, so only apply it to the places you want to draw attention to. Sweep it above the cheekbone, along the brow bone and above the jawline.
- Highlighting and contouring needs to be well-blended into the face for a more natural look. You can blend with a brush or a sponge. The goal is to avoid any lines or streaks on your face, Karla recommends blending in a circular motion for better results.
It’s time to find the shades that sculpt your face perfectly and have a ball from there following our NEW contouring tutorial!