FB BEAUTY LTD T/A MUA MAKEUP ACADEMY'S TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This page tells you the legal terms and conditions (Terms) on which we sell any of the products listed on our website (Products) www.muastore.co.uk to you (the Site). Please read these Terms carefully before ordering any Products from the Site. You should understand that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these Terms. You can print a copy of these Terms by selecting the print option in your browser.
We usually supply the Products for domestic and private use. If you are a trader and you would like to purchase Products from us, please contact us using the details below at Clause 1. Our site is only intended for use by consumers over the age of 18.
1.1 We are FB Beauty Ltd and the Site is operated by us. We are trading as MUA Makeup Academy from the Site. We are registered in England with number 06981955 and our registered office is Unit A Midway Gilchrist Road, Irlam, Manchester, England, M44 5AY which is also our main trading address. Our VAT registration number is GB976642082.
1.2 If you have any questions about our Products or orders you have placed with us, you can contact our Customer Services Team by email at
email@example.com or write to our head office at Unit A, Midway, Gilchrist Road, Irlam, Manchester, England, M44 5AY.
2.1 You may only purchase Products from our Site if you are consumer and at least 18 years old. You may place an order to purchase a Product advertised for sale on the Site by following the onscreen prompts after clicking on the item you are interested in. You will have an opportunity to check and correct any input errors in your order up until the point at which you submit your order by clicking the “Make Payment Now” button on the “Order Summary” page.
2.2 After placing an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order and giving an order number and a summary of your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Product. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Product has been dispatched (Dispatch Confirmation). The contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
2.3 The Contract will relate only to those Products listed in the Dispatch
Confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other Products which may have been part of your order until such Products have been confirmed in a separate Dispatch Confirmation.
2.4 If we are unable to supply you with a Product that you have already paid for, we will refund you the full amount of the cost of the Product charged as soon as possible. We might be unable to supply you with a Product because that Product
is not in stock or is no longer available, there is a problem with
authorisation of the payment card you have provided, or because we cannot meet your requested delivery date.
2.5 You must only purchase up to the maximum quantity of any Product permissible on the website i.e. you may not be able to purchase more than 10 items of the same Product (Order Quantity Limit).
3.1 The images of the Products on the Site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer's display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the Products. Your Products may vary slightly from those images.
3.2 The packaging of the Products may vary from that shown on images on the Site.
4.1 We may make changes to these Terms but if we do so, we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the Contract before the changes take effect and receive a refund for Products paid for but not received.
5.1 The cost of delivery will be as displayed to you on our Site.
5.2 All UK and international orders will be sent via our delivery partners.
5.3 We will aim to deliver all Products comprised in your order in one delivery, however if this is not
practically possible, the Products in your order may be delivered in instalments/parts. Where you have made multiple orders, we reserve the right to deliver such orders together within the same delivery. We will deliver directly to the delivery address specified in your order. Please see delivery information for details of where we deliver and the available delivery options. We cannot deliver Products within the same order to multiple addresses.
5.4 We will deliver the Products to you as soon as reasonably possible and in any event within 30 days after the day on which we send you the Dispatch Confirmation (the Delivery Deadline).
5.5 If noone is available at your address to take delivery of the Products, and your order cannot be posted through your letterbox, our selected courier will leave contact information informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect your order from a local depot.
5.6 If you do not take delivery of the Products from us or a delivery depot as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery, we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the Contract and Clause 11 will apply.
5.7 If we fail to deliver any Products to you by the Delivery Deadline, then you may cancel your order straight away if any of the following apply:
5.7.1 we have refused to deliver the Products;
5.7.2 delivery within the Delivery Deadline was essential (taking into account all the relevant circumstances); or
5.7.3 you told us before we accepted your order that delivery within the Delivery Deadline was essential.
5.8 If you do not wish to cancel your order straight away, or do not have the right to do so under Clause 5.7, you can give us a new deadline for delivery, which must be reasonable, and you can cancel your order if we do not meet the new deadline.
5.9 If you do choose to cancel your order for late delivery under Clause 5.7 or 5.8, you can cancel your order for any of the Products or reject any Products that have already been delivered (unless splitting them up would significantly reduce their value). Where Products have already been delivered, you must return them unopened and in their original packaging to: Customer Services, FB Beauty Ltd, Unit A Midway Gilchrist Road, Irlam, Manchester, England, M44 5AY. After you cancel your order, we will refund back to you the cost of the Products and any delivery charges (unless only part of the order is cancelled or rejected, in which case, delivery charges will not be refunded).
5.10 We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the Products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the Contract and receive a refund for any Products you have paid for but not received.
6.1 We deliver to the following countries outside of the UK: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Guernsey, Ireland, Italy, Jersey, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and the USA (International Delivery Destinations). Please visit this page for more details. However
there are restrictions on some Products for certain International Delivery Destinations, so please review the information on that page carefully before ordering Products.
6.2 If you order Products from our site for delivery to one of the International Delivery Destinations, your order may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied when the delivery reaches that destination. Please note that we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict their amount.
6.3 You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
6.4 You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be responsible if you break any such law.
7.1 Risk: Once delivered at the delivery address stated in your order, the Products will become your responsibility.
7.2 Ownership: Ownership of the Products will pass to you when:
7.2.1 we have received full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products (including delivery charges); and
7.2.2 the Products have been delivered to you.
8.1 The price of any Products will be as quoted on the Site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the Products advised to you is correct. However please see Clause 8.6 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the Product(s) you order.
8.2 The prices quoted on the Site include VAT but exclude delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due once you have selected a delivery service from
the available options. Our delivery charges are as advised to you during the check-out process, before you confirm your order. To check relevant delivery charges, please refer to our Shipping, Delivery and Returns page.
8.3 Prices might change at any time, but changes will not affect your order if we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation, unless the rate of VAT changes between the date we send you the Dispatch Notification and the date the Products are delivered to you. If the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
8.4 Payment can be made by most major credit or debit cards, by completing the relevant details within the “Billing Information” section of the "Check Out" page.
8.5 By using a credit/debit card to pay for your order, you confirm that the payment card being used is yours. All payment card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If your card issuer refuses to authorise payment we will not accept your order and we will not be responsible to you for any delay or non-delivery of the Products. If your payment card is refused by the card issuer, we are not obliged to inform you of the reason for the refusal. We are not responsible to you if your card issuer or bank charges you as a result of us processing of your payment card in accordance with your order.
8.6 The Site contains a large number of Products and it is always possible that some of the Products listed on the Site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where a Product's correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If a Product's correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the Contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
8.7 The website may offer 'Web Exclusive Prices' on selected Products which will be cheaper than store prices.
8.8 SagePay Security Policy:
8.8.1 Our Payment Service Provider is Sage Pay (formerly Protx) – the largest independent payment service provider (PSP) in the UK and Ireland.
8.8.2 Sage Pay provides a secure payment gateway (Level 1 PCI DSS), processing payments for thousands of online businesses, including ours. It is Sage Pay’s utmost priority to ensure that transaction data is handled in a safe and secure way.
8.8.3 Sage Pay uses a range of secure methods such as fraud screening, I.P address blocking and 3D secure. Once on the Sage Pay systems, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards.
8.8.4 Sage Pay is PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliant to the highest level and maintains regular security audits. They are also regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure that their systems are impenetrable.
8.8.5 Sage Pay is an active member of the PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) that defines card industry global regulation.
8.8.6 In addition, you know that your session is in a secure encrypted environment when you see https:// in the web address, and/or when you see the locked padlock symbol alongside the URL.
- Your rights when you end the Contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the Contract:
- if you want to end the Contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see Clause 9.2;
- if you have just changed your mind about the Product(s), see Clause 9.3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any Products;
- if what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the Contract (or to get the Product repaired or replaced or to get some or all of your money back), see Clause 9.5; and
- in all other cases (if we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind), see Clause 9.6.
- If you are ending the Contract for a reason set out at Clauses 9.2.1 to 9.2.5 below the Contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any Products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to these Terms which you do not agree to (see Clause 6);
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the Product(s) you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the Products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- you have a legal right to end the Contract because of something we have done wrong (including because we have delivered late (see Clause 5.7 or 5.8).
- As a consumer, you have a legal right to change your mind and receive a refund from the date we send you the Dispatch Confirmation until 14 days after the day on which you receive your Products. For example, if we provide you with a dispatch confirmation on 2 January and you receive the Products on 10 January you may cancel any time between 2 January and 24 January.
- You do not have the right to change your mind in respect of Products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes if these have been unsealed after you have received them.
- If there is a problem with the Products:
- If you have any questions or complaints about a Product, please contact us. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Unit A Midway Gilchrist Road, Irlam, Manchester, England, M44 5AY. If you email or write to us, please include details of your order (an order number and the relevant Products) to help us to identify it.
- We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this Contract. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the Product(s). Nothing in these Terms will affect your legal rights.
Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
If your product is goods, for example furniture or beauty products, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
a) Up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
b) Up to six months: if your goods can't be repaired or replaced, then you're entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
c) Up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
See also clause 9.3. We
If your product is digital content, for example a mobile phone app or a subscription to a music streaming service, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says digital content must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality:
a) If your digital content is faulty, you're entitled to a repair or a replacement.
b) If the fault can't be fixed, or if it hasn't been fixed within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience, you can get some or all of your money back.
c) If you can show the fault has damaged your device and we haven't used reasonable care and skill, you may be entitled to a repair or compensation
See also clause 9.3.
If your product is services, for example a support contract for a laptop or tickets to a concert, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says:
a) You can ask us to repeat or fix a service if it's not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or get some money back if we can't fix it.
b) If you haven't agreed a price beforehand, what you're asked to pay must be reasonable.
c) If you haven't agreed a time beforehand, it must be carried out within a reasonable time.
See also Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013).
- If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject Products you must post them back to us. We will pay the costs of postage. Please contact all customer services by email at email@example.com for a return label.
- We will pay the costs of return:
- if the Products are faulty or misdescribed; or
- if you are ending the Contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the Product or these Terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
- After you cancel your order and return the Products, any sum collected by us from your payment card will be refunded in full, including delivery costs where your circumstances fall into Clause 9.7 above (see clause 9.9). However, we will make some deductions from refunds from the price where we are not at fault (see clause 9.10). We will notify you of your refund via e-mail within a reasonable period of time. We will refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase, unless you specifically request otherwise. Refunds for Products purchased as gifts can only be given to a payment card in the name of the person who placed the .
- If you are ending the Contract for the reasoning described at Clause 9.1.1 or 9.1.3, we will provide a full refund of all delivery costs, including any additional costs you may have paid for premium delivery services (for example, next day delivery or delivery on a Saturday).
- If you are ending the Contract for the reasoning described at Clause 9.1.2 or 9.1.4:
- We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount;
- The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a Product within [3-5] days at one cost but you choose to have the Product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- will process the refund due to you as soon as we can and, in any case, not later than:
- 14 days after the day we receive back from you the Products; or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the Products to us; or
- if we have not sent the Products to you, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel the Contract with us.
10.1 To cancel the Contract between us, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Unit A Midway Gilchrist Road, Irlam, Manchester, England, M44 5AY. If you email or write to us please include details of your order (an order number and the relevant Products) to help us to identify it.
10.2 If, for any reason, you decide to cancel an order after we have dispatched the Products, you must post them back to us at Unit A Midway Gilchrist Road, Irlam, Manchester, England, M44 5AY. Until such time as they are returned, you must retain possession of the Products and take reasonable care of them. You should return the Products to us unused (except to the extent reasonably necessary to examine them), and in the same condition in which you received them together with the original Product packaging.
11.1 We may end the Contract if you break it. We may end the Contract for Products at any time by writing to you if:
11.1.1 you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 14 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
11.1.2 you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the Products to you, for example, your delivery address;
11.1.3 you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the Products to you or collect them from us; or
11.1.4 you have purchased a quantity of any Products which exceeds the Order Quantity Limit.
11.2 You must compensate us if you break the Contract. If we end the Contract in the situations set out in Clause 11.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for Products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the Contract.
12.1 We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this Contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the Contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales
12.2 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the Products as summarised at Clause 9.5.2; and for defective Products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987
12.3 We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the Products under these Terms for domestic and private use. If you use the Products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. For sales to businesses, please see our business terms and conditions as linked at the beginning of these Terms.
14.1 If any provision or part provision of these Terms is declared invalid, unlawful or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be deleted from these Terms and the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
14.2 Failure by us to enforce a right does not result in waiver of such right. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this Contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment
and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the Products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
14.3 You may not transfer your rights under these Terms unless we agree in writing.
14.4 We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation. We will contact you to let you know if we plan to do this. If you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end the Contract within seven (7) days of us telling you about it and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for Products
14.5 You and we agree that English law applies to these Terms and that any dispute between us arising out of or in connection with these Terms will only be dealt with by the English courts, unless you are resident in another part of the United Kingdom, in which case the applicable law of that part of the United Kingdom will apply and any dispute will be brought before the courts there. We are required by law to inform you that purchases can be concluded in English only and that no public filing requirements apply.